Re: [OM] OT: Camera card help

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Camera card help
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:20:54 -0500
I just remembered that I bought a flash reader for use with my laptop
as a backup to my Express card CF reader while we were traveling.  But I
never needed to use it.  I just checked it and see that is says "Works
with all versions of CF, SD, MS and XD".  Then it goes on to say " Slot
3: SD, Extreme SD, SD PRO, SD Elite Pro, HS SD, Ultra Speed SD, SD
Ultra-x, HS Mini SD, Mini SD, MMC1, MMC2, MMC 4.0, RS MMC, HS RS MMC,
DV-RS MMC 4.0, *T-flash, Micro SD."

Guess what?  None of these are SDHC.  I had just about given up when I
noticed further on down: "Compatible with... SDHC up to 8GB...".  It's
not clear to me why it's limited to 8GB when the SDHC standard specifies
a max of 32GB.  Be careful what you buy.

Chuck Norcutt