Re: [OM] While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups

Subject: Re: [OM] While on the subject of computer safety and back-ups
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:48:32 +0000
No, I didn't know about DOS then, Chuck.  I operated a System/360 for
Morgan Guaranty in the City of London in 1973.  I don't remember the
OS, but the programmers used PL/1, which I have just been reading
about from a link in your article below.

The DOS I remember from using it on a Tornado Squadron was CP/M.  I
was the deputy "Warlord" on a Tornado in 1986-88 and as such I had to
keep the boys up to speed on war procedures.  I used the CP/M machine
with the Winchester to produce briefs for OHPs for exercise (practice
war) use.  That meant that the briefs were classified, and it was
probably illegal to use the machine for that, but there was no other
quick way to produce decently laid-out graphics.

Chris