Re: [OM] Recommendations for compact digital camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Recommendations for compact digital camera
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:06:12 -0300
I was aware that it didn't look like something profitable to be learned
to you.
Somehow, I didn't catch the underlying reasoning: I was trying to follow
Chuck and you then, and missed some points - the U-points perhaps :).
Now that you've put it clearly and in short, I do understand better than
when the discussion was dispersed among different posts and mixed with
other discussions. *Now* I can put into perspective why did Chuck teach
me a simple exercise using masks to make a portrait.

Nik software guys advertise your point just the other way round: layers
and masking are too complicated, why bother, here is our award winning soft.

Well, I'm still not up on using masks and layers as Chuck or you or
anyone else here might be - but maybe I will be, if I catch what's the
whole thing about; and have the time to practice a little.

Rest assured you had not lost your time repeating an explanation. It's
much more clear for me now, Moose.

:-)

Fernando.