[OM] Recommendations for compact digital camera

Subject: [OM] Recommendations for compact digital camera
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 20:03:19 -0500
Found this DXO lab analysis interesting---looks at the sensors.
Appears the ISO for G9 is closer to 150 at 100 setting---seems about
right.
Would like to see more validation and info on the methodolgy and some
index of dispersion  Oddly plugging in a 5D and G9 dynamic range is
only about 1EV apart at base ISO--seems impossible to me.  They very
rapidly diverge at higher ISO's, but still.  Perhaps  the list logician
can sort it out.

http://tinyurl.com/688mdz

On another note if Khen wishes to borrow my "I agree with Moose"
T-shirt, that can be arranged.

Mike