Re: [OM] Recommendations for compact digital camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Recommendations for compact digital camera
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:15:54 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I recall an image where I thought I could see some texture in roof shingles.
> But it turned out it was noise and once removed the image actually looked a
> bit worse.

Yes, quality NR isn't always simple.

NI will sometimes show that there is detail there that may be retained
along with some modest NR. But it may take some time adjusting
parameters, especially the balance between NR and resharpening.
Fortunately, one may save named parameter settings once a good set is
found for any particular camera/ISO/subject type is found.

Moose