[OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 36 call for entries, and extended shooting period
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:20:37 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:
> Wayne,  I'll extend an OM/Zuiko credit to you so your TOPE entry will be
> accepted.

That's a generous offer, Ken. On the other hand, TOPE isn't yours alone.
In the immediate sense, it belongs to Olafo. In the larger sense, it
belongs to the list community.

Perhaps it would have been better to present an argument to the list as
to why completely non Oly images should be allowed on TOPE. More details
should be presented, as well, as far as I am concerned. Does this apply
to everyone? Only long time members who are now without any operational
Oly gear? How long is long time? One time exceptions for those
temporarily disadvantaged?

There are a seemingly infinite number of places to display images. TOPE,
whatever the inherent quality of the images, is unique. Why lose that?

If I could just run out with the 5D and EF lenses, I'd have shot images
for this TOPE long ago. Restricted to Oly gear, I may or may not make
it. And I think that's the way it should be.

The only Oly gear I have is film, and I've never been much for night
shooting with film. If I don't get a shot? Well, I've missed several
TOPEs. Nothing bad happened.

Wayne, nothing negative personally, I hope. I find it hard to see how
missing one more TOPE after all those missed in the last couple of years
while you've been gone is more important than maintaining TOPE's uniqueness.

Moose