[OM] Re: beyond the E3

Subject: [OM] Re: beyond the E3
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:03:05 +1100
Damn - how did you manage to work that out?! Didn't come from me! :-)

Actually the E-2000s is to be released next year - first of the four
digit entry level line.  It'll be a new sub-micro 4/3ths mount with
a  new DenseMOS quarter size, 28 megapixel Panasonic sensor, a
completely detachable 7" lo-res wifi LCD, mother-in-law face removal
mode, Mt Fuji recognition mode, Holga simulation vignetted light-leak
mode, waist-level finder (57% view), titanium plated polycarbonate
foam body, voice control etc.
It'll take full advantage of the new sub-micro mount so it'll only be
slightly larger than the E-420 and about half the price. Sensitivity
range will be 6-2,000,000 ISO although anything over 400ISO will be
grainy as hell and 500K ISO plus (H3-7)  will look like a Turner
painting. That will be sold as a 'feature'.
Standard kit lens will be a new 3-18mm f11 pancake tho' you'll need
an optional handle to actually grip the zoom ring as the whole lens
body will be recessed into the body (think Contax G 16mm)...  Or the
infra-red remote zoom control RC13. The good news it that it will
take a 625 Li-Ion battery as nostalgia touch, complete with bayonet
mount battery cover, although you'll only get about 15 shots from it.
A couple of spares at $125 each will be essential along with the twin
battery charger which will be slightly larger than the camera.
Oh, and there's several optional modules that attach like a vertical
grip - GPS, Cell Phone, MP3 player, DVD player and home security
system remote control are planned.
Did I mention that it'll be white? With a light-up EOM logo?
And just wait for the Yukio Mishima special edition...

I never told you any of that right?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx