[OM] Re: beyond the E3

Subject: [OM] Re: beyond the E3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:26:04 -0400
The Canon 50D jumped from the 10MP of the 40D to 15MP.  Dpreview's
assessment of the change is rather scathing.  Reduced image performance
at a significantly higher price.
# High ISO performance worse than 40D
# Reduced dynamic range in the shadow areas compared to EOS 40D
# Per-pixel detail not as good as on good 10 or 12 megapixel cameras
# High-end lenses required to get the most out of the camera

Chuck Norcutt