[OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Fre

Subject: [OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Free Zone
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 23:13:42 -0500
 >Ken - your openness of heart and appreciation of the generosity of
>others is truly refreshing. May God bless you and your wife's  work in
>the ministry, and your  work as a  photographer.  I pray for the Lord's
>blessings on both you and your family.
Thank you.  I believe Wayne's comments about giving and receiving are so
important to understand.  Learning how to receive was a life lesson that I
had learned the hard way.  This gift, however, does come with a certain
responsibility--a responsibility to use that which has been entrusted to me.
This doesn't belong to me, it belongs to the community and is dedicated to
the creation of images along with the appreciation of such outstanding
engineering.  It joins the OM-4T and the rest of my kit in this regard.  The
camera is in such perfect condition that there is the temptation to hide it
away in a silk sock on a shelf in the closet.  But that's not why this
camera was built, nor is it the intention of the giver or the receiver to
subject it to said treatment.

>Now, one comment/question. That OM-3Ti is truly a beautiful machine. Is
>that a Domke strap attached to it?
I believe so. The camera came with a box of a nice selection of parts which
I'm still sorting through. This strap has those grippy rubber threads which
I've gotten to really like.  I'm in the slow process of replacing my
neoprene ones with these new grippy straps. This one is narrower than my
others.

Yes, the multispot metering in the 3Ti is as perfect as it is in the 4Ti.
:)  I can honestly say, though, that the 3Ti has THE sweetest sound of any
OM I've heard.  That mechanical shutter has the coolest "purr" sound.

AG