[OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Fr

Subject: [OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now a Digital-Free Zone
From: WayneS <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:54:51 -0400
Giving requires the ability to receive. Receiving sometimes asks
that we become vulnerable, which is often much harder to do.
I would rephrase the famous quote, "it is easier to give than to
receive".

Hey, it's just a camera after all. There are greater things that can
be given in this world. I was gone from this list for a while as I
just could not keep up. I've probably burned through a significant
amount of my own personal wealth trying to make a company
happen, running on 12-14 hour days for almost two years.
Now I have to work hard just to try and recover.
And life is not always predictable, nor does it follow our
great plans. But sometimes we open up and allow ourselves
to be more vulnerable, and the world changes and becomes
more vivid.

I've enjoyed this list for a long time and my life changes are not
what I have expected. I've noticed that when I am more shut down
images and photos become mechanical. But the camera is
an interesting thing, when we allow the world to reveal itself
to us, the camera sometimes has a mind of its own. And when
it feels good in the hands, it becomes a tool to reveal the world.

Shoot from the heart. This was some advice a great teacher
once suggest to me. I can't say that I have made much progress.

One significant change for me, I certainly have to negotiate with
the SO before I purchase new camera gear. Something I was
immune from for a number of years.

Certainly, everyone should enjoy capturing moments. As it is
a process of the world revealing itself to us, which requires us
to become more open, and vulnerable.

It is good to share in the company of friends.

And I still wish my 5D had a multi-spot meter system.

Wayne S