[OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now aDigital-Fre

Subject: [OM] Re: It is now official - My primary camera bag is now aDigital-Free Zone
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:11:23 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Wayne,

> I used to think the multispot metering of the OM-4 was something special
> untiI I
realised that it is not that practical and that I hardly ever used it.  In the
situation where
you need to get a quick grab shot it's too slow, in the situation where you
have plenty of
time, probably have the camera on a tripod, it doesn't work efficiently either
- easier to
just bracket your exposures or use a separate meter.

Having used a 4 while I was in the mining industry, ie, opencut mining, and
photographing the geology in said pit's, multi spot metering was a god
send :-)

I also found it wonderful for bush photography, city use though, dont think
I've even used multispot, just pick something out, do a single spot and
shot.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

Generic tagline.  Suitable for everyday use.