[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:56:51 -0500
Chuck,

I guess it is just a question of the value one places on his images.  I am
strictly an amateur, and it would not kill me to lose a few images.  I never
have more than 30 to 40 images on a card at one time.  I just feel that the
simplest approach is best for me.

I do a weekly backup of critical data on my computer, but have never found
justification for reformating those hard drives, either.

The area that is now giving me trouble is learning all that is required to
prepare DVD+RW disks for my recorder in order to capture analog TV shows for
later viewing.  After two false starts, I finally got a timed recording to
work correctly tonight. Now I must see what I run into when it tells me to
"Make Compatible" for use in a DVD player, and then I will probably have to
"unfinalize" the disk and reformat it to use it again.

Before my last VCR began acting up, life was certainly simple.  Not any
more!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA