[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 02:34:04 +0000
It's not clear what each individual camera is doing (and Oly is obviously doing
it wrong with CF cards on the E-330) but a full format (vs quick format) should
fully write and read back the directory and each data sector to validate the
data and mark bad sectors if found.  Whether *your* camera does all that stuff
properly is an open question.  But it most certainly *doesn't* do it if you
only erase images.

Chuck Norcutt