[OM] Re: e330 question

Subject: [OM] Re: e330 question
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:24:16 -0400
We have fios for internet, TV and one of out phone lines.  BTW, the fios
DVR has completely changed how we watch TV.  Only downside of having the
phone on fiber is that in the event of a power outage, phone connection
depends on their battery backup.  They said you get 8-10 hours of use,
but that time runs down whether or not you use the phone.  During the
first and only power outage, the "low battery" signal starting beeping
after about 2 hours.
We lucked out in them not being able to put our business phone line on
fiber too. At the time of the installation, verizon was not the carrier,
so they did not "drop the copper" line to the house.  Verizon company
policy is:  if they can't transfer all the phone lines to fios during
the one install visit, they will NOT come back and do it later.   At
first I was arguing with the verizon rep on the phone, the way she was
shoveling the arrogance out, it sounded like she was smiling.  After
that power outage, we were glad to have one phone line on copper.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net
Gallery: www.zuiko.com/album/index.html