[OM] Re: penn st. puke

Subject: [OM] Re: penn st. puke
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:17:19 -0700
James R wrote:
> They were presumably just circumventing planning laws. But given
> what's allowed in Seattle the developers may have had no trouble going
> the legit route.
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/367335_obitmacefield18.html
>
> No loss of amenity caused by the new building there!

There was a house like that surrounded by high-rise condos in Toronto in
the 70s. I wa aware of several shopping centers developed with such 'out
parcels" Usually, though, they were surrounded on three sides by parking
lot, not multi story walls. In many cases, the house eventually comes up
for sale and can then be added to the center, if needed.

Moose