[OM] ultra long exposures

Subject: [OM] ultra long exposures
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:25:21 +0200
Work is starting to get back to normal after the latest flurry of
disasters so I am once again finding time for my hobbies.

I am interested when I read about photographers taking long exposures
(30 secs or longer), but wonder what I am doing wrong when even with the
smallest aperture and lowest iso I can't get close to those shutter
speeds.  Do I need to hold some welding glass in front of the lens or am
I just missing something obvious.  The type of stuff I am interested in
in capturing cloud movement during the day and also I would like to try
painting with flash, but the moonlight is just too bright.

I have also been meaning to mention that I managed to meet up with
fellow listee Iwert about three or four weeks ago for an couple of beers
in Zurich and a look at his Leica 25mm 1.4. It was good to meet up and
talk about OMs and stuff, sadly it seems a long way away now but if
anyone is ever in the area let me know and hopefully we can arrange to meet.

IanW