[OM] Re: Urban Legend Heard at Wallyworld

Subject: [OM] Re: Urban Legend Heard at Wallyworld
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:09:33 +1000
Subatomic pieces of the electrons? Hmmmm. There's no charge for that,
sir.
Now it is possible to reduce electron velocity by using a card reader
instead and under no circumstances should a USB cable be coiled while
in use - that will cause serious acceleration. This all of course
presupposes that we've got any idea where the electrons actually...are.
Now I have noted that images I was absolutely certain were good on
the LCD become much more uncertain on the computer screen and from
time to time, I am completely uncertain as to where they are. I open
the DCIM file and the 'superb image' waveform collapses completely.
As the camera is merely a black box on the back of the lens, it seems
clear that accelerated photons are wandering around in a diffuse sort
of way in there and driving me to diffraction. I need clarification
as to whether viewing the image on the LCD, chimping, qualifies as
opening the box, or downloading the image file or do I have to remove
the lens to be absolutely certain as to the fate of the photons?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx