[OM] Re: flickr alternative

Subject: [OM] Re: flickr alternative
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 07:10:42 +0100
Thanks, Fernando, that was great.  I didn't find it too difficult,
although it was very thoughtful and absorbing.

You see, I have just done a short tour of the D-Day beaches in
Normandy.  Now that's not for the faint of heart.  In the Café
Gondrée, at Pegasus Bridge on the River Orne, I read a poem by the
wife of a soldier who was killed at the short battle for Pegasus
Bridge (these airborne troops were the first into France for Operation
Overlord).  It was very sweet and touching.

I had to go outside away from my students.  There were several
occasions like that during the week as we toured the beaches and heard
of the heroism of all those boys ...

Chris