[OM] Fwd: Wein Cell Experience

Subject: [OM] Fwd: Wein Cell Experience
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:46:43 -0400

 List seems to have recovered some.? We'll try again.

-----Original Message-----?

From: usher99@xxxxxxx?

To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx?

Sent: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 7:04 pm?

Subject: Wein Cell Experience?

?

My impression is they don't last very long once exposed to air, but certainly
are convenient if not overpriced. You could buy a boatlaod of hearing aid
batteries and use a #9 O ring (see links within the link below below) or get
the MR-9 adapter from John. http://www.zuiko.com/index_016.htm

I think his CLA may include the schotkey diode in the meter circuit that is
essentially the same as the adapter, but nothing then to lose. There may be a
very small metering error with it that is probably not worth worrying about
except maybe in some critical slide? shots---John will know. I recall Tim
designed a small circuit that restored spot on metering, but I'm not sure if it
gets into many cams--fun project though.??

Mike??

(hope this gets thorugh --a post last night was lost in the ethers and the
archives were also unavailabe)??

??

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2007-09/msg00646.html??

??

??

? Has anyone on the List used a Wein Cell in an OM-1? How long??

do they typically last once activated???

??

??

TIA,??

??

Charlie??

??

?

It's time to go back to school! Get the latest trends and gadgets that make the
grade on AOL Shopping.