[OM] Wein Cell Experience

Subject: [OM] Wein Cell Experience
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 19:04:18 -0400
My impression is they don't last very long once exposed to air, but
certainly are convenient if not overpriced.  You could buy a boatlaod
of hearing aid batteries and use a #9 O ring  (see links within the
link below below) or get the MR-9 adapter from John.  I think his CLA
may include the schotkey diode in the meter circuit that is essentially
the same as the adapter.  There may be a very small metering error with
it that is probably not worth worrying about---John will know.  I
recall Tim designed a small circuit that restored spot on metering, but
I'm not sure if it gets into may cams--fun project though.
Mike
(hope this gets thorugh --a post last night was lost in the ethers and
the archives were also unavailabe)

http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2007-09/msg00646.html

       Has anyone on the List used a Wein Cell in an OM-1? How long
do they typically last once activated?

TIA,

Charlie