[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 05:52:45 -0400
Y'all don't understand what Route 66 means to me.  I first passed over
it on a trip from Michigan to California in 1956 at the age of 13 and
again at age 15 in 1958 when we moved from Michigan to California due to
the severe recession of that year.  The move was a bit of trauma for the
whole family... mom and dad and 4 kids packed into a '55 Ford station
wagon and pulling a small trailer my father built that contained
everything we owned. Those two trips were some of the greatest
adventures of my life.  In the past few years I have driven parts of
Route 66 in Arizona and California where some is well maintained and
some is not.  Some is not drivable at all... but I'm happy just being
able to see it.  Joplin just happens to be one of the places I recall
better than some others.

Chuck Norcutt