[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:21:35 -0500
Chuck,

Yes, if you do drift through Iowa in I-80, please plan on overnighting here.
We will organize a "get-together" with Joel Wilcox and Tom Scales.  (BTW,
Tom's house is one massive photographic opportunity--a photographic workshop
in the planning, actually).  We will pull out all the stops and give you a
warm welcome.

However...

Since you are going to Battle Creek, Michigan, what I would do is go north
up through Mackinaw and over across the U.P.  There are plenty of amazing
sights along the way and you'd be there almost in the prime time. Actually,
detouring up to Copper Harbor in September is beyond the cat's meow.  Then
also add the Porcupines to your itiniary.  Oh, and don't forget the Taq.
Falls. I'd love to see your photographic take on them.  The western terminus
of that journey is Duluth.  Go wherever you want from there.  In two weeks
the U.P. is where we're spending a much needed week away from the daily
drill.  Personally, I'd pick the U.P. over I-80 anyday.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx