[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:15:49 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
>> Have you tried Arthur Bryant's? Equally scary location.
>>
> AB's is "upscale scary".

It's been about thirty years since I was there. At that time, so much of
the neighborhood looked like it had been bombed out that it didn't seem
quite as scary as a neighborhood full of slum housing with drug dealers
on the corners would.

AB was still alive and running around and the Q was excellent. I don't
think I've ever been anyplace as greasy. Walls, ceiling, tables;
everything was coated with a thick layer of grease. I've had Q in
Tennessee that was as good in much nicer neighborhoods and much cleaner
buildings.

T-Rex here in Berkeley does pulled pork as good as I've ever had. The
brisket is dry and a bit weak, though. Haven't tried the ribs yet. And
the surroundings are quite upscale.

Moose