[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:11:42 +1000
Now I begin to understand why murkins are addicted to the most
tedious football code on the planet - it has room for even those who
indulge in the excesses of the local diet.
Shot a game at the weekend - it's not exactly popular here so this
was unusual.
Yeah, it was an accident - I was only told it was a 'football' game,
not which type.
There were a lot more people on the field than off it - the officials
outnumbered the spectators.
Couple of frustrated ex-pat murkins who knew what to do and a lot of
big islanders who didn't.
In between almost falling over with boredom (Oh hell - now the tribe
of referees are having a bloody conference too!) I noted that the
team selection was very 'democratic' - in fact, I got the impression
that I could get time on the field if they could find kit to fit.
<http://www.pbase.com/afildes/oly_whoppers>
Frankly, I prefer to see big hits between blokes with little or no
padding.
Oh - the E-3 has serious difficulty focussing on black and white
striped objects.
More to come when I've got time.
Including shots of the extremely infrequent 'action'.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx