[OM] Public Service Anouncement

Subject: [OM] Public Service Anouncement
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:17:11 -0500
Cc: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Growing up in the Southern USA, I have long known the difference between Poison
Ivy, which can cause painful rashes on sensitive individuals, and the more
common Virginia Creeper, a harmless nuisance.  However, some of my neighbors
who have moved here from other areas seem to get the two confused.

Poison Ivy leaves grow in groups of three, and the stem is often red.

Virginia Creeper leaves grow in groups of five.  Both can have lengthy vines,
often growing up tree trunks.

This photo illustrates both species. Poison Ivy is in the center of the photo,
with Virginia Creeper above it.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Poison+Ivy.tif.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA