[OM] Fwd: camera hoarding

Subject: [OM] Fwd: camera hoarding
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:08:42 -0400

First time bounced.? Hope this works.

When I had been looking, I never even found a tam 80-200 with the  tripod mount
intact---must be fragile in marked contrast to the
rest of it which is built like a tank.  With detailed instructions from list
members the modified auto-tube mount (from JH) works like a charm.
Mine still has the bothersome creep despite the Tam service.  The Tam SP 2X TC
seems to work especially well
with it and makes me think the "matched optics" makes a difference.  Haven't
had the urge to go aftter the Tokina, but perhaps that will change.
Mike

The Tokina has the better tripod mount and is lighter. But - it seems
the Tammy might be optically better, or so folks say. And I've never
tried a shoot-off. I suppose it would be easier and cheaper now with the 5D.

So here they stay so far.

Moose

The Famous, the Infamous, the Lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!