[OM] Re: [OT] VW Airbag System

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] VW Airbag System
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:13:10 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Willie Wonka wrote:
>
>> ... (RI is well documented as the state with worst drivers in the country)

Documented where?

Lots of places seem to want the title. Most recent for me was Boston;
lot of stories of terrible drivers. Then I drove around there. Just
another city with lots of cars and traffic, but quality of driving
nothing to remark on, good or bad. Traffic out of town at commute hour
was horrendous, but the drivers perfectly reasonable. We got off the
Pike and wandered our way to our destination.

> Wow.  That's saying something because in my experience Maine drivers take
> horrid to a whole new level.  For example, you have a five lane road (two
> lanes each direction and a center turn lane) and the rocket scientist ahead
> of you is making a right-hand turn.  If you are lucky, they will turn their
> turn-signal on, but when making that right-hand turn, they will swing out all
> the way into the center turn lane to "round out" the corner.  IF you happen
> to be to their left you will get your doors or quarterpanels dented.

Amazing. I've spent something over 12 weeks in Maine since 2001, most of
it driving around. I haven't been North of Moosehead, but the areas I've
covered encompass pretty much all of the state where there are enough
cars to create traffic. I've driven everything from the Pike to the
streets of Portland to dirt logging roads. I never ran into anything I
would call driving bad enough to be worthy of notice.

Moose