[OM] Re: [OT] VW Airbag System

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] VW Airbag System
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 20:34:36 +0100
I'm sorry but, really, none of you can even come close to competing
unless you are talking about driving in Italy.  I have just returned
(couple of weeks ago) from a 10-day holiday there and those guys are
truly insane behind the wheel/handlebars.

The mopeds/scooters are the most likely to win a Darwin award.  They all
ride around on them, doing 50+ mph in shorts, T-Shirts, and Flip-Flops.
Most dangerous thing I saw ?  Man on Scooter, with wife/girlfriend on
back, holding on tight.  On her back was a baby in one of those
rucksack-type things.  Standing on the foot-plate (for want of a better
word) in front of the driver and holding onto his arms were 2 young kids
(aged around 7-ish).  This lot were doing about 40mph down a busy
street, weaving in and out of traffic.

Before we went we thought about hiring a car when we got there.  On the
taxi ride from the airport we hastily changed our minds.  Better to
leave the driving to a local, and just shut your eyes and pray !

Jon