[OM] Re: wife (was number of cameras)

Subject: [OM] Re: wife (was number of cameras)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 08:29:48 +1000
And I read a story about a computer corporation in the UK which was
hiring Classics graduates on the ground that they had the right kind
of brain - they had studied logic and ancient languages and were used
to analytical thinking. The company claimed that it could teach them
all they needed to know about programming in six months and that they
were MUCH better at problem solving than IT graduates.
No, I can't remember who - nice idea but.
#1 son ended up as a financial journalist not because he had any
background in the area at all but because he's bright and can write.
Much more important.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx