[OM] Great service from Digital Depot (UK)

Subject: [OM] Great service from Digital Depot (UK)
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:37:13 +0200
This is only of interest to people on this side of the Atlantic, but
I thought I would mention a shop that now has given me great service
on three occasion, Digital Depot in the UK (www.digitaldepot.co.uk).
The most recent experience is a nice illustration that good customer
service can best be demonstrated by the actions taken by a shop when
something goes wrong.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered the E420 with the 25mm pancake lens
from them and had them ship it to my son in Bath to save on postage.
I opened the package yesterday and saw that the lens was missing from
the otherwise pristine Olympus box (which said "E420 pancake kit" on
it). I immediately called the shop to complain. The chap at the other
end was very helpful and apologetic. When I said that Olympus may
have made an error--we are all human, after all--he said that it was
more likely that one of the shop employees had sold the lens to
another customer and forgotten or neglected to mark the box. In any
event, they would send me a 25mm immediately. This morning it arrived
in Bath, having been overnighted to me (I had mentioned that I was
leaving Wednesday).

I will wholeheartedly recommend this shop to anyone in the UK and
Europe (thanks to the weak pound at the moment the prices are quite
competitive).

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain