[OM] Re: A wee bit busy

Subject: [OM] Re: A wee bit busy
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:56:55 -0700 (PDT)
> Not fun, mister, I don't envy your job.  Business is one
> thing, loss of personal property is another.  I hope Joel escapes this
> with little to no damage.

I phone-tagged with Joel.  They evacuated several days ago.  In another day or
two you could probably use the upstairs deck as a boat dock.  He took the
family treasures with him including the OMs and lenses.  For those who
understand the reference, this is worse than 1993 there.

By some miracle, we were able to actually get the phone switch almost totally
working.  So you CAN powerwash electronics.  The fiber-terminal went up in
flames when the water hit it.

We had been working around outdoors, wading in chest deep water not knowing
that there was a huge washout just inches away from where we were walking.  To
get the pictures, I was carrying my E-1 above the water and trying to keep the
water out of my waders.

Meanwhile, the situation is still developing.  We're sandbagging that office
AGAIN and we have a half-dozen others bagged and wrapped.  It's not that we are
stupid and locate these buildings in the lowest parts of town, it's just that
some of these towns just happen to be located in historical floodplains.  It's
just that the history of flooding in some of these locations predates the
presence of western civilization.

Oh, and Parkersburg... I went through there three times yesterday.  Terrifying
what a "little" EF5 tornado can do.  That's a 1/2 mile wide EF5 tornado.

AG