[OM] Festival Photography with an E-3, and Flickr questions

Subject: [OM] Festival Photography with an E-3, and Flickr questions
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:27:12 +0100
Someone gave me a freebie Flickr Pro account (for a year, anyway).  I
decided to put the pictures from a festival I recently went to in it.
It seems rather slow.  Does it generate the other picture sizes on the
fly from the largest?  Does the slideshow download the largest size to
your browser and let the flash player scale it for viewing?  If either
of these is true, then I'll probably stop using it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27469081@N02/sets/72157605500647132/

Having used it fairly intensively for this, I think I'm starting to
get the hang of the E-3, particularly the changing of autofocus point
and exposure compensation.  Mostly done with 14-54 and 40-150, and a
few with the Sigma 30/1.4.  Raw files processed in Silky Pix.  ISOs
from 100 for the sunny outdoor shots to 3200 for some of the dimly lit
indoor stage.  Some surprisingly good results from 800 and 1600, but
3200 is very noisy.

I5250980 is my personal favourite, followed by I5240830 (both taken at
ISO800) and maybe I5240849, which was taken at ISO3200 but scrubbed up
quite nicely.