[OM] Re: Festival Photography with an E-3, and Flickr questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Festival Photography with an E-3, and Flickr questions
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 06:24:03 +0200
Hi Ian,

I hate Flickr. Your page comes up as the thumbnails. Clicking on one
of them brings up a smallish but acceptably-sized image. To see the
big size, I have to click on "all sizes" above the image. Then to get
back to the thumbnail display requires another two clicks. Truly
clunky interface.

In your case, the pictures are good and worth the effort, but in most
cases I simply pass on Flickr galleries.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 8-jun-2008, at 22:27, Ian Nichols wrote:

> Someone gave me a freebie Flickr Pro account (for a year, anyway).  I
> decided to put the pictures from a festival I recently went to in it.
> It seems rather slow.  Does it generate the other picture sizes on the
> fly from the largest?  Does the slideshow download the largest size to
> your browser and let the flash player scale it for viewing?  If either
> of these is true, then I'll probably stop using it.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/27469081@N02/sets/72157605500647132/
>
> Having used it fairly intensively for this, I think I'm starting to
> get the hang of the E-3, particularly the changing of autofocus point
> and exposure compensation.  Mostly done with 14-54 and 40-150, and a
> few with the Sigma 30/1.4.  Raw files processed in Silky Pix.  ISOs
> from 100 for the sunny outdoor shots to 3200 for some of the dimly lit
> indoor stage.  Some surprisingly good results from 800 and 1600, but
> 3200 is very noisy.
>
> I5250980 is my personal favourite, followed by I5240830 (both taken at
> ISO800) and maybe I5240849, which was taken at ISO3200 but scrubbed up
> quite nicely.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Nathan Wajsman