[OM] Re: OT drive scrubber

Subject: [OM] Re: OT drive scrubber
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:53:07 -0400
On the old TechTV (then known as Screen Savers, hosted by Leo Laporte)
cohost Kevin Rose demonstrated how to eliminate date on an old hard
drive using 4 oz. of thermite powder.  Demo included video of the
ensuing inferno in his backyard, you could actually hear fire truck
sirens in the background.  Another "dark tip" was to microwave unwanted
data cd's or dvd's for 5-10 seconds.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net