[OM] 'Well, there was Mystery,' the Mock Turtle replied ...

Subject: [OM] 'Well, there was Mystery,' the Mock Turtle replied ...
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 02:02:27 -0300
Yesterday I scanned and cropped (yes, I did crop !) this adobe RGB 1998
.tiff, and converted to .jpg in sRGB before uploading.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2519459899/sizes/o/

As soon as I saw the uploaded file, I wrote the following:
> this upload shows a red color shift which is not present in my sRGB
> .jpg (calibrated monitor) - don't know why is it happening and find it
> disappointing _ :-( _ as the red hue ruins the faint blue the bird's
> feathers have.
>
> seen through FFox.
> when I have the time, I might upload an adobe RGB 1998 .jpg AND an
> sRGB .jpg converted from the former, using a relative colorimetric
> intent instead of a perceptual intent.
I had the time tonight and uploaded a .jpg without making any color
space conversion:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2523567754/sizes/o/

Colors are almost exactly as the .jpg I see in my monitor.

I had never noticed such an obvious shift, and am quite surprised. Can
only guess that in these files I made the conversion by means of a
perceptual colorimetric intent, as I usually do, instead of a relative
colorimetric one which I have been purposelessly doing - I had forgot to
change that Preference since I have CS3 !!.

But I seriously doubt this explains the Mystery, and I am so puzzled
that cannot stop Drawling, Stretching, and Fainting in Coils ...

:-)

Fernando.