[OM] Re: A recent thread.

Subject: [OM] Re: A recent thread.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 14:52:44 +1000
In my limited experience, those countries that provide automatic
mediacal care to all citizns often do it rather badly - to the point
where my parents in the UK took out private insurance on top (BUPA)
to avoid long waits for what the government had decided were non-
urgent elective procedures - like hip replacements.
I favour a mix as we have here of voluntary private insurance, partly
tax deductible.  heavily underwritten by government subsidy and with
full welfare provision for the needy and indigent - seems to work
rather well. People still complain about it though. Of course.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx