[OM] Photo editing under Linux

Subject: [OM] Photo editing under Linux
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:57:00 -0700
I've been a little unhappy about there not yet being 16-bit support in
the GIMP, but I'd be even more unhappy returning to Windows just to get
PhotoShop (and it's expensive and I don't need the CMYK baggage). VMWare
(and the like) are an option, but slow(er) enough that I'd rather not
hassle with it.

Today I read that some photographers are using CinePaint (also open
source) in order to handle photo editing with full 16-bit support. While
this is not CinePaint's intended use, it does seem to work quite
nicely... using ufraw it opens files from my E-1 just fine.

Also, the KDE program Krita handles 16-bit images. However, I've not yet
even had a moment to open it to see how it works.

Both already handle color management as was recently added to the GIMP.

Just thought I'd mention them as I know there are others here that are
Linux folks and I've never noticed either mentioned before.

--
Scott Gomez