[OM] OT --preferences for 32" LCD HDTV

Subject: [OM] OT --preferences for 32" LCD HDTV
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:12:04 -0400
Well the long in the tooth Proton monitor has developed sudden nausea
with a greenish color cast.  When we had quite a few guests the only
real place to view photos was the Proton.   I believe some of the HDTV
LCD's can be calibrated.  Need to find out more about that.  Well hve
just started to investigate---the Sony Bravia didn't  look bad though
they appeared to have it  set oversaturated and over sharpened.

Only a 32" will fit properly but some 37" will fit if placed at a 7 deg
angle---vetoed by the CAC.  (chief aesthetic consultant)

Ran into this one in this months PCmag:

I don't care about any games but the full resolution looks interesting
for pixel peeping.
Any comments much appreciated.

Mike