[OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:38:46 -0600
Doug wrote:
> While I'm price sensitive I'm willing to pay for quality work as long as it
> is
> quality work and It's doesn't cross over into becoming a sucker.

  Try www.glassyeyes.com -- one way to avoid paying the markup for
frames/lenses is to order online. Check the reviews they have there,
some of the sites are very cheap and can be surprisingly good; even if
they're not, you'll be out less than you would in an opticians.

  I remember when I was looking up anti-scratch coatings for my current
set of glasses finding a discussion board for optical professionals;
that's where I found out that frames cost $1.50 in quantity, so the fact
that they say $195 by the time they hit the shelf tells you something
about the amount of markup..

  -- dan