[OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:27:36 -0300

> I need some advice.
>. -Doug

You will likely also need lots of patience and some luck. I bought my most
recent pair perhaps a year ago. Getting a pair made right is very
problematic. I had three sets of lenses made, and two different frames,
before I got glasses that were even acceptable. Problems I went through were
too much distortion, terrible yellow fringing, bifocal line set too high,
and just plain wrong prescription. Hakim optical got disgusted and gave up
trying to get it right and just returned my money.

One time I bought glasses, they reversed the numbers on the prescription in
the left eye, which made everything round look oval, and all the telephone
poles stood on about a 30 degree angle. I'm glad they weren't for a little
child, as they would likely just wear them not knowing any better.

 I don't cheap out on glasses, but even going for the best is a real gamble
to get them right. The ones I'm wearing today, and wear most of the time,
are 8 years old. Does that say anything?

Wayne