[OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Eyeglasses
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:14:50 -0500
You should avoid chains. Their goal is to make money, and they do a good job
of that. In order to make than money, they need to control expenses, and
that includes optometrist's salaries. The best graduates go to group
practices.

The places that advertise glasses in an hour or such are particularly bad.
They are able to make that deadline by keeping drawers of already ground
lenses in "generic" perscriptions, of all they have to do is come close and
put them in frames. The chances are that you will never get what you exactly
need.

My optometrist of 35 years just retired, as did my barber of over 40. My
physician tells me he can't afford to retire. I''m happy for me,but sad for
him.

Good luck,

Bill Pearce