[OM] Re: Some interesting commentary on sensor size,

Subject: [OM] Re: Some interesting commentary on sensor size,
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:58:21 -0700
> From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Best to enjoy the camera you
> have. There really is no significant quality difference between these
> cameras even when their specs are not exactly the same,  except maybe
> at the pixel peeping online level and those differences can be
> frequently explained away by the native exposure, gamma, contrast, and
> sharpening curves built into them, i.e. they can all be modified in
> post processing and if you are comparing jpeg you don't really deserve
> one of these cameras anyway and should be shooting with a Fuji.

Yea, but even with a science background, I still think different
cameras have different "looks."

I'm really enjoying the results from the E-3 -- couldn't care less if
it has 22.4% fewer furblesnotzers than brand "C" or brand "N".

:::: Science uses mathematics to predict the future; economics uses
statistics to predict the past. -- Jeff Barton
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com>