[OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:39:10 -0700
John Hermanson wrote:
> That's right.  Plain 4 can develop a problem where turning the compensation
> dial makes the original asa setting shift.  4T/Ti has a better dial.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I thought it was a big deal when I got my
first OM-4 and 4Ti. In fact, it's never been a problem, probably because
I checked it out and trained my self to push down slightly on the
knob/ring when changing exposure compensation, just as one must pull up
to change the film speed setting.

Checking a couple of OM-4 bodies now, I find that one will change speed
if there is even the slightest upward presure on it, as from my fingers
against the body. With slight intentional downward pressure, no problem.
The other 4 and the 4Ti don't have any problem at all that way.
Deliberate upward pressure is needed to change speed.

The visual difference is only that the dial is taller, not quite twice
as tall.

I believe the other difference was that the OM-4 came with a 1-13 screen
and 4T(i)s came with the 2-13 focusing screen.

Moose