[OM] Re: Netherlands advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Netherlands advice
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:24:40 +0100
Moose wrote:
>I've mentioned this before, but it's been a while. In The Phenomenon of
>Life, the first book in his monumental series, The Nature of Order,
>architect/philosopher Christopher Alexander takes the position that
>Southern England is the largest structure ever made by man, including
>many  features, flora and fauna of nature, but designed and created by
>humans.
>
>The Dutch are not alone in this.

Maybe not in the nature but definitely in the scale of things
(however relative that may be ;-)). Hence the old saying that God
created most countries, but the Dutch created their own.

Point taken, though!

I'm glad you pointed out the Alexander reference. I immensely enjoyed
his Pattern Language and failed to follow up on him. Many thanks for
that!

Ton