[OM] Re: [OT] Piclens -embedding in an album

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Piclens -embedding in an album
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:41:17 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> The first thing I noticed about Piclens is that it causes the cooling
> fan on my video card to turn on... instantly.  Before trying Piclens I
> had never heard the fan running.  I at least know now that it works but
> I hate the sound of fans.  I didn't much care for Piclens either.  Seems
> to do a lot of graphical backflips to no apparent good.  It's more like
> some programmer's "hey, dudes, look at what I can do" event than
> anything useful.
Well, it's just a toy, at least so far. I think I choose a poor example
for my first try. It seems more useful for a big gallery composed of
lots of subgalleries. Seeing the whole wall of images and pulling it
back and forth gives an overview of what's inside in a more organized,
detailed form. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/>
> I think I'll stick with the nicely crafted high resolution images that I just
> enjoy looking at while they're standing still.

That's why I wish I knew a way to make double clicks display the gallery
image at native resolution. I've dropped them a not about that. that
way, PicLens could be a different index into the full quality images.

I would be possible to create and clog up the server with a second,
larger size, set of images for the RSS feed, but that isn't appealing
for most uses. As it is, PL produces a separate directory of images, but
it's easy enough to change the RSS file to point to the same ones being
used for the normal gallery and avoid duplicates.

Moose