[OM] Re: [OT] Piclens -embedding in an album

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Piclens -embedding in an album
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:21:14 -0700
Interesting sample. I can't say I'm impressed with the bare bones "album"

Also, image quality is pretty crappy on the animated "wall". If I click
on an image, the small jpg that displays is a good looking, sharp,
image. I assume this is what you provided. In the "wall", however,
although the partially enlarged version you get when an image is single
clicked is about the same size as the original, but badly pixelated and
fuzzy looking. Double click and the full screen version is really bad.

I tried adding the slide show button to an existing gallery with bigger
original images. The result isn't bad.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseEats/>

This approach maintains the look and functionality of the original
gallery and doesn't require that anything be installed on the viewing
browser, although javascript has to be enabled.

Starting with bigger originals results in nice, sharp, single click
images and not so bad full screen images. It would be nice to have a way
to use the originals as the double click images.

Moose