[OM] Re: [OT] Piclens

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Piclens
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:32:47 -0000
What is there to tell, Wayne?  Doesn't everyone go once in a lifetime?

There is something of an industry arranging "study visits" to the place
(which is actually the town of Pripyat, beside the power station, Chernobyl
being about 20km away).  Given suitable advice, an informed guide and the
right frame of mind, it is interesting and instructive to visit the area,
and the town. The power station itself is out of bounds. I believe the visit
was no more risky than an extended stay in Aberdeen, especially at the wrong
end of the beach there.  NB, it's only my belief, I have no evidence -
except for
http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/rsh/Aberdeen_Beach_radioactive.html !

--
Piers