[OM] Re: [OT] Piclens

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Piclens
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:45:19 -0000
Thanks for this link, Ali, it looks a very interesting presentation tool.
Indeed, Fernando, there are supported and non-supported sites - but the
beauty of it is that, having downloaded Piclens Publisher, it is easy to
make personal webpage albums Piclens-supported.

Here is a quick example:
http://www.hemy.me.uk/Gallery-SW/Chernobyl/gallery.html

... which I knocked together instantly, with no additional effort required
(you can see what little effort was put in, no doubt) from images which
appear also in this form:
http://www.hemy.me.uk/Gallery-SW/Chernobyl/index.html

The first link shows thumbnails.  If you have installed Piclens itself
(Piclens Publisher is not required) each thumbnail has a "play" button which
appears on a mouse-over.  Alternatively, at the bottom of the page there is
a "Start Slide Show" link.

Comparing the two treatments, Piclens does not offer an obvious way to
provide titles etc - but it could be argued that would get in the way of the
images anyway.

--
Piers