[OM] Re: Shot myself in foot !

Subject: [OM] Re: Shot myself in foot !
From: SwissPace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:08:25 +0100
Hi All,

thanks for the offers of a loaner 14-54mm very generous and it restores
my faith in humanity, my biggest concern for little Cai (and other
chargers) is how he will be treated by others once he leaves our
protection to go to school etc I know people can be cruel as well as
kind and the message I want to get across is that Cai who looks a little
extraordinary will know this he is different but not mentally retarded,
I hope he only meets people like the list members here as he travels
through life.

As for the airport on the 6th March, Cai has started walking so we
thought it nice if he could make the first few steps with Tina Ruan and
Akela who fly off then to start the walk, I am hoping some press will
turn up so I don't need to take photos but we haven't heard anything yet.
My old lens didn't go far and I am 99% positive it would be ok to borrow
it back for the day and if not then I am 100% positive that someone at
work would lend me a suitable camera and lens ( a 40D springs to mind) -
I was just venting my frustration that sites had advertised it as
available when it wasn't and they have no idea when it will be
available. I have plenty of OM glass and a 14-45mm so I although the
offers have come I don't feel needy enough to accept - if you know what
I mean ;-) I will be patient an wait for a 12-60mm to turn up, my sights
are now set.

This Friday is a benefit concert for the walk and it will see the
premiere of a song written specially for the walk, I was in the recoding
studio last friday and heard a beta version, it made the hairs on my
neck stand up (but then I am emotionally connected) but if you are into
rock I can recommend it, come to think of it even if you are not into
rock I can recommend it. It will be available from the expedition earth
website from Friday - no hacking please larry :-)

Chris thanks for your offer I haven't had chance to update the website,
so if you have time and want to play then let me know however there is
another site which is focussed on Tina Ruan and their dog called
www.expedition-earth.com and this is much more up to date.

By the way I had my endoscopy today - much more pleasant than the one I
had in the UK 10 years ago with no anaesthetic, I lay on the bed,
beautiful blond gave me something to make me sleepy (and dream about)
woke up half hour later slightly unsteady (may have been the dream) but
no discomfort at all and they found something this time - which is fixable.

Thanks again

IanW