[OM] Re: Shot myself in foot !

Subject: [OM] Re: Shot myself in foot !
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:21:34 +0100
Well that first one went a bit too fast :)
Hello Ian,

Switzerland is a rather open country, but I don't know too much about the
school system, altough my two little nephews live in Dürnten. I can just
tell the experience we have in Belgium. Our three boys went to the same
"kindergarten". It is a very small one, with one class of 15-22 kids aged
from 2,5 years to just under 6. (kids mostly start going to school very
early here, at around 2,5 years). The nice thing is it is a small school,
just one classroom and two "teachers"  where the older kids care for the
smaller ones as wel. When we came with our three boys we were saving the
school, since 15 kids is a minimum for an independent school, and theyl had
only 14 anymore. What is special is that among the 21 kids now there are 4-5
which would be going to "special schools" normally. We have Nel, she is
partly paralysed on the left side of the body (arm & leg), and a few
autistic and and one almost blind kid. The nice thing is these kids blend in
very well, and our boys love them all very much. Tonight the "oldest ones"
will even stay a night over on school, and Nel will be part of them, which
the parents never thought possible before. I find it a quality my kids get
to know the "other kids", and feel they love and care and play as well, but
I think if I would ask if there was something special with Nel they'ld just
stare at me and ask, is there something special? I wouldn't worry too much,
but think a small environment might be prefereable to this. You can look
into their small world here: <http://www.hetreepje.be/> click @ "foto's" and
you'll see a glimpse of all the nice activities... btw, my wife did the
design and the big panorama was by me :)

All the best,

Iwert